If you notice that your nails have become thicker and yellowish, this may be a sign of Onychomycosis or toenail/fingernail fungus, as it is commonly known. This is caused by growth of fungi underneath the surface of the nail because of moisture and improper hygiene. Toenail fungus is a chronic condition that if not properly handled, will cause serious overpopulation of fungi which will lead to thicker nails that will make it difficult to walk properly with shoes. Also, if it is left untreated, the infection could spread to other toenails and to other parts of the skin. Tip: Read NutraPure Fungus Clear Review from real customers!
You need not panic because it may be a relief for you to know that home remedy for toenail fungus is just affordable and commonly used in every household! Although there are various oral medication and topical solutions that medical professionals recommend, these mostly have side effects such as weight gain, weight loss, palpitations, headaches, dizziness and loss of appetite, just to name a few. Others may also suggest surgical procedures to remove the nail but it should be noted that traditional ways are proven to have healed many cases without any side effects and just a fraction of the cost.
Here are the top 5 tried and tested ways on how to deal with your toenail fungus infection and get rid of it fast and effectively.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is a staple in every household and commonly used for skin health. This type of oil can help in healing your toenail fungus. One of the components of coconut oil, which is Caprylic acid, has the ability to effectively destroy the robust cell wall of the fungi thus, eliminating the cause of the infection. Just apply a few drops of coconut oil to the infected toenail(s) and leave it for at least 15 to 20 minutes. You may do this several times a day but make sure you are not allergic to coconut oil. You will see visible results in just 2 to 3 weeks of daily use.
- Baking Soda + Sodium Borate. There are many uses of baking soda and one of these is to help clear up the fungus populating in your toenails. If mixed with sodium borate or commonly called borax, the solution can cure your toenail fungus in no time. This can create an environment that distresses the fungus and prevents them from spreading. Mix equal parts of borax and baking soda with water to make a sticky paste. Make sure that your foot is wet before you put the solution to your infected nail. This should help clear up the problem in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. One of the amazing benefits of apple cider vinegar is to help heal and completely eliminate toenail fungus. There are 2 ways on how to use this remedy. You can make a solution by mixing 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and eight ounces of warm water and take it orally. You may add honey to make it sweeter. Another way is to make a soak solution by mixing one part of apple cider vinegar to 6 parts warm water and 1 part Epsom salt. Soak your feet twice daily at least 30 minutes. You can opt to do both oral and soak solutions for faster results
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil has many uses and you can definitely use this to clear up your toenail fungus. Clean the affected area with rubbing alcohol, apply drops of tea tree oil until it covers the whole area leave for 10 minutes and after that, gently scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush. Repeat daily for 2 to 3 weeks or more and you can notice improvement in your toenails.
- Garlic can be considered as a super veggie because it has been found out that it can heal various skin problems and infections. Its medicinal properties can also be used to treat toenail fungus. Just put crushed garlic unto the affected area for 30 minutes daily. Do this and you will see results in 2 to 3 weeks.
These home remedies are proven to be effective and you can choose one of the 5 stated above to clear up your Onychomycosis. Healthy lifestyle and good hygiene should also be prioritized to prevent reoccurrence of this in the future.